I m here again, this time with a tag. Not because I don’t have products to review (I have quite a lot), but I have lost my camera’s usb cable, so I can’t charge my camera or move the photos to PC.
So, until the cable I ordered arrives, I’ll do some posts that don’t need photos taken from me.
( In this post, photos taken from official sites, or selling sites)
It was something I had to do anyway, not because I like trashing products or something, but because there are enough products I regret buying,and I want to know if other people share the same experience with me.
There are of course many other products that I regret buying as well, apart from those, and I m forgetting them now because either I have given them away, or throw them. Those just came to my mind, that’s all.
So here is the ”Hall of shame” list :
• Lengthening and defining mascara – Elf
I have already told you that is was useless and it dried very soon. I m very peculiar when it comes to mascaras, and this was the worst one I tried. Now you can say ”What do you expect from a mascara that costs 1,5€”. Truth. But its not about the money. I have wasted too much money on make up to cry over 1,5€. But I have also tried products of the same price, of really good quality.
• Lip roll-on by The body shop
I bought it because I love everything lemon-orange in creams and balms. But unlike the lemon balm in the pot, this is .. nothing. It just gives you a little smell of orange. watery and greasy and useless.
• X-treme Curl mascara – MUA
Extreme-my-ass. Curl-my-ass. I have very straight eyelashes, and did NOTHING to them. Note, that I use eyelash curler every time, and didn’t manage to keep even this!
• Mac Mineralize foundation. I don’t regret it because I didn’t like it. I do like it a lot. But it has so little product inside, and this little product for 35€ its just too much. Colorstay by Revlon or Dermablend by Vichy have way more product and for more than half the price and they are equally or even better quality.
• Seventeen nail polishes. Okay. I have a love-hate relationship with them. They don’t last to my nails, yet, I can’t stop buying them (love their color range) and each time I regret buying any of them.
•This ELF pencil. It doesn’t write.You have to push it hard, and I m not going to lose my eye over a useless pencil, which is not even white (its pearl white)
•Erre Due lip glosses.
(I can’t find a photo from the official site, and I don’t have them anymore)
They cost 10 euros, they stay very very long but they are very sticky. Really sticky. Can’t-open-my-mouth sticky. I wanted to love them, but I.just.can’t.
• Bourjois Eyeshadows. Chalky and hard to use. Quite expensive for their quality.Maybe because the one I had was a pink with shimmer, and the shimmer made it as such. I just disliked it so much.
•Jordana undercover concealer. It sucks. Unlike the rest of the Jordana products which are , on average, AWESOME!I have already ”trashed” it here
•TBS, black velvet Apricot shower gel. Smels worst after shower, doesn’t do lots of foam. Dissapointment.
I was expecting more because I generally like all body products from TBS.And I m not picky when it comes to shower gels, I just want them to smell nice and make a bit of foam.
•Unifiance LRP . This is the only one item from La Roche Posay that I didn’t like.Its a bit chalky, very sheer, no color match my skin, and for 21€ I can find many better ones. Unifiance foundation on the other hand, is just AMAZING!That’s why I bought that, I was expecting it to be as good as the foundation.
That’s all. For now. What about you ”hall of shame” list? Which products you regret buying and why?
Have you got any experience from those I mentioned?
Lots of love